<Scroll Down for 7 & 8th Grade Open House Info>
6th Grade Transitional Camp
On Wed. Aug. 13, 2014 DDMS will host an informative camp for students and parents.
8am-11:30am If your child’s last name starts with A-K.
12:30pm-4pm If your child’s last name starts with L-Z.
A Program for Student and Parents
This camp is designed to help incoming 6th graders get familiar with middle school life. Changing classes, PE dressing out, extracurricular activities, the grading system, behavior expectations will be addressed:
- Schedules Will be Distributed
- Walk the Schedule & Meet Core Teachers, See Your Classrooms
- Tour the Campus
- Buy Spirit Wear
- Hear about Clubs & Special Events
- You will receive a postcard invitation in the mail the week of July 21.
- Expect to stay for the entire session.
*If you can not attend this camp, your child will receive their schedule on the first day of school, Mon. Aug. 25. You may attend the 7&8 grade Open House on 8/21 but 6th grade teachers will NOT in attendance and schedules will NOT be available.
7 & 8th Grade Open House
Thurs. Aug 21, 2014 • 6:00 – 8:00 pm
The program is for students AND parents.
- Students will receive & walk their schedules.
- Meet the Teachers.
- Sign up to Volunteer, for Powerschool and My Lunch Money.
- Learn about Clubs, Sports & Activities.
- Buy Spirit Wear, PE clothes and Join the PTA
- This is a floating event.
*There will be no opportunities for parent conferences at this event.
See you there!